Monday 7 January 2013

Failing the Test of Love

Today i am writing an account of what happened yesterday. An area which i need to learn and be more careful.

I was doing devotion in the morning and God lead me to memorise 1 cor 13:4-7

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trust, always hopes, always perseveres.

I though it is part of my learning journey that God wants me to memories verses. So i happily do it without knowing the application behind it.

That very evening when i was driving a group of brothers to badminton, among which a bro assumed that i will send him home. He is a brother whom ive been driving around for at least 2 years, a brother which i give my support during his bad times, when he ask for help i never hesitate to help. When he ask me to drive him home and i said that i'm going to play badminton, he got irritated and ask me to stop right in front to stop him. Basically i was very displease with his attitude towards me for treating me like a slave. He did not even ask of me to send him home in the first place, when i got fed up, he simply mention sorry and demand a forget it all. I got pissed off. I totally feel that it is not sincere and super self centered, considering the fact that ive drive him for so long and supported him in many ways. That he only considered him self. I got angry at him and tell him off. But after he apologised , he message me to claim that he has the right to be angry because i didnt tell him i'm playing badminton. And that he could have gone out with his girlfriend instead. How would one who needs a drive home, dont bother asking the driver for a ride and blames the driver for not asking him if he needs a ride home? How self centered! Will a friend do that to a friend? That's what i felt at least.

God lead me to revisit the verse today as i was doing my devotions. And for some reasons i read through what i memorised the day before. "it is not easily angered"... and i clearly hear God speaking to me. He was preparing me for what is going to happen, but i failed the test. In fact i got angry the first time for these 2 years. I prayed and ask God for forgiveness. Though he prepared, i did not make it. I felt remorseful before God. And these is a learning journey for me.

Despite that, i decided to keep my boundaries firm so that such people will not cross the line. Time and time again there will be people like these that takes advantage or abuse our kindness and friendship. Let me hear from God how to deal with such people and situation.

Memory verse for the day:
1 cor 14:1 - Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts...

No comments:

Post a Comment