Monday 24 December 2012

A God who sanctifies us


1 Cor 6:9-11

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolators nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the Kingdom of God. And that is some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

19: Do you not know that your body us a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own, you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

Remembering this wretched body of mine, use to be slaved to many, now being washed and clense by God, my father. I give thanks. Struggling with many areas of sins in my life, today i am glad i have overcome many, though the flesh is weak, the SPIRIT is strong. A heart desire to honor God in all areas of my life.

After the party on Christmas eve last night, some of the guys gathered together to drink and mingle together. Immediately they took out a few bottles of wine and offer it to me as well, because i love wine. I gladly responded that if there is alcohol i wont touch it, if its just champagne without alcohol I'm fine. They claim its non alcohol and so i took a glass. But i realized i was deceived i stopped drinking.

I have openly declare and everyone knew i quit drinking for the sake of ministering to God's people and to present my life to honor God. But at this moment, brothers came telling me, " this is just wine", " why stop?what ministering work you do?". They continue to offer me and filled my cup with more wine before the crowd.

A new brother in Christ, who is one of them who offered me the wine suddenly asked. You really quit drinking? And yes i replied. And i forgive him because i knew he wasn't too sure and he was new.

I am totally disappointed. A brother in Christ, whom i walk together with, lest he have the respect for my love for God. Putting me into the same shoes as they are just because they love drinking and much more.

I prayed again,

" O Lord, to love you requires sacrifice, and i quit drinking wine that i loved. More than that, i was shame before the group for the sake of honoring your name. That is a little price i paid. But you paid the whole price for my life, totally nothing compared to you."

And it reminds me of the prayer i prayed 2 days ago, and my own prayer speaks to me again.

"As I pray, hear me and sanctify me. Because I am your holy temple, and you resides in me. Who praises you when he is no more?"

I praise God, who washes and cleanses us , and made us new in him. A new creation, a power given that rises the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment