Sunday 23 December 2012

Keynote Session Day 1 For Youth Camp 2012


ACCEPTANCE

What is acceptance to you?
How do you usually handle rejections in your life?
Do you find difficult or easy to accept God? Why?

Personal Testimony:

Parents: Before i was even born, i was reject and meant to die. Twice, did the abortion failed and there i was born.

Growing up rarely with my dad around, never had to be praise or encourage in anyway. Name stupid, silly, dirty by my own parents. I was never taught about the basic things in life, why study? why save money? A life without understanding, without assurance, without guidance.

Friends: Because i was really fat and i couldnt run, i was never allowed to participate in games like catching while with my neighborhood friends. When playing soccer, i am 24/7 stand by keeper, big enough to cover the goal post and without much running.

Teacher: Well, cos i never studied and and never really paid attention in class. I was often asked by my teachers to quit school. Because it disgrace them, the report cards and the school reputation. In the whole year of my sec three, i didnt even attend class for geography at all, i was ask to stand outside every single lesson that i eventually sit in the history class instead.

Relationships: Remembering the 2nd gf that i use to date. I was totally rejected 3 times. Haha... but i was actually accepted the 4th time with much persistence. Well, happy at that moment, to the max. But in the end the reason for the break up because i was am not as mature as her and i couldn't support her financially at that time.

How and why I ended up like that?
So in all this life grow up like that. I was a man filled with vengeance, a slave to sex, to cigarettes and drinks. A man that is in deep craving for relationships with women. A man that hates Christians and is a anti-christian. A man such as I, do you think that you will accept me?

Share testimony
But there came a day God spoke to me, and i clearly hear his voice, word for word as i remember till this day.
" I still love you. Are you willing to follow me?"

I was filled with remorse, touch with love as i receive such a love from God. Since than i followed God and is accepted into His family. First time in my life i experience a love from a Father, who knows me, cares for me, speaks to me, comforts me, disciplines me, accepting me for who i am, loving me when i am STILL A SINNER. (Roms 5:8)

Conclude:
Eph 2:8-9 for it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this is not from yourselves, it is a gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


GOD Fulfills all relational needs of our life,  he accepts is a friend, as his disciple, as his servant, as his worker, as his son, as a man. Whatever he has, he freely given to us.


Ephesians 1:5-14 (son) Adopted as sons, the Holy which marks as a seal of our inheritance and redemption.

Galatians 4:4-7 But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, borne of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out "abba Father." So you are no longer slave, but a son and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

John 15:7-8 (disciples)
Just like a love marriage, when God put 2 to become 1 in to love and accept one another fully, jesus called us to be in him and him in us. Why? in Verse 8 : This is to my father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be His disciples.

John 15:13-16 (friends) (called to love one another)
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what i command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead , i have called you friends, for everything that i learned from my father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but i chose you and appointed you to go and bear much fruit- fruit that will last. Then the father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: love each other.

Romans 5:8 (as a man)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we are still sinners, Christ died for us.

2 Cor 11:2 (bridegroom) Mat 25:1-13 (Parable of ten Virgins)
For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.

 God also our King, master and Lord.

However relationships works BOTH WAYS, a father and son, a teacher and disciple, husband and wife, friends, master and servant. God is always ready to accept us and love us, what about you?

Coming to church every sunday, serving in church, being active in church does not necessarily mean that you have a relationship with God or you that have accepted him in your life.  Who is God to you? If you have accepted him, how sure are you? How do we build a relationship with God?

Questions:
Who is God to us? Do we accept Him as who he is?

What does accepting God into our lives mean?

Do we find difficulties accepting one another? Why? Think through and share with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment